Perceptions of Students from Southbound Countries
Read about the perception of students from soutbound countries to share the insight of studying in Taiwan.
Muhammad Saqlain Aslam/ National Central University
Nationality : Pakistan
Major : Computer Science and Information Technology
I’m Muhammad Saqlain Aslam and I’m from Pakistan. I have a master degree in Software Engineering and recently I’m doing Ph.D. in Computer Science and Information Technology at National Central University Taiwan.
1. What made you decide to study in Taiwan?
In order to build strong footing for my career and life, I need quality-oriented education with better skills from a developing country like Taiwan. The quality and high standards of Taiwan education are renowned worldwide. That is the main factor that influenced my decision to pursue a degree in Taiwan. Also, I am a keen lover of Taiwan people, culture and government policies of mutual respect.
2. Briefly tell us about the program you are studying. What subjects are you studying? What have you enjoyed the most in your studies?
I’m a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology. My research area is Machine learning, so most of the subject I’m studying related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
3. How is studying in Taiwan when compared to studying and being a student in your home country? (Teaching Quality、Environment、School Equipment、Laboratory or others)
The education and teaching quality is much better than any other country. My lab is well equipped and no less than International standards. My lab mates are very friendly, and I’m very enjoying to work with them.
4. What has been the most difficult part about applying to study in Taiwan? How did you overcome the difficulty?
Visa process was a very difficult part for me. With the help of my Supervisor and International Office, I overcome this difficulty.
5. What do you plan to do after you have finish your studies in Taiwan? Would you like to stay in Taiwan? Why?
After my degree, I have plan to stay in Taiwan. I wish to work in Taiwanese Company. Technology advancement is the main reason to stay here. Taiwan high-tech companies have kept improving and competed with other local and global counterparts. Acer, Asus, HTC, TSMC, plus others are among the well-known Taiwanese high-tech companies and brands in the world. There are a lot of job opportunities for Software Engineer. I’m hopeful I have a bright future in Taiwan.
6. How do you think studying in Taiwan can benefit you in your future career?
The World best education system, highly qualified faculty and world top-ranked university is the main reason that makes me more confident.
7. What do you see as your key achievements when studying in Taiwan?
Professional Experience, Personal development, Extraordinary research, and publication.
8. What advice do you have for other interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study?
My advice for International Student is, Taiwan is country of lovely peoples. This is the heart of Asia is in a true sense. Taiwanese are very friendly and life style is amazing.