Perceptions of Students from Southbound Countries
Read about the perception of students from soutbound countries to share the insight of studying in Taiwan.
Veby Ang/National Pingtung Uni. of Sci. and Tech.
Nationality : Indonesia
Major : Plant Industry
I am Veby, I come from Indonesia, I have study in National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan since March last year.
∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴
1. What made you decide to study in Taiwan?
I heard that Taiwan’s education is good, and the price of diploma program isn’t cost too much as in Indonesia, my family doesn't have much money to support my education so I decided to study in Taiwan.
2. Briefly tell us about the program you are studying. What subjects are you studying? What have you enjoyed the most in your studies?
I am studying in the diploma program; the subject is all about agriculture. The most thing that I enjoy is when we learn about how to plant, we water the plant everyday, sometimes give fertilizer, eradicate pestilence. The happiest moment is when we can harvest from what we have planted, we have taken care of the plant for a long time and finally we can enjoy the result.
3. How is studying in Taiwan when compared to studying and being a student in your home country? (Teaching Quality、Environment、School Equipment、Laboratory or others)
Some professors in Indonesia like to bullying the student so that they will spend so much money because can’t graduate in the time that they have supposed to be graduated, but it’s not like that in Taiwan. In Taiwan, the professor is so friendly and welcome us to learn what we want to ask about anything that we want to know. The facility is much more complete in here than in Indonesia. And because I take a diploma program, I can do much more practice than the theory only.
4. What has been the most difficult part about applying to study in Taiwan? How did you overcome the difficulty?
It’s not really difficult to applying for diploma program in Taiwan, we just need to apply some documents that are needed and wait which university will accept us as their student.
5. What do you plan to do after you have finish your studies in Taiwan? Would you like to stay in Taiwan? Why?
I still haven’t decided what will I do after I finished my study in Taiwan, but I would like to consider to stay in Taiwan because Taiwan has provided so many things that I have never seen in Indonesia, and I still want to learn many other things in Taiwan. Taiwan’s transportations are so good and I can go anywhere in Taiwan easily.
6. How do you think studying in Taiwan can benefit you in your future career?
I think wherever you are studying, it won’t be determined you will be a success in the future career or not. It’s back to the each individual, what things that have their learned and how they apply it in the real life, that’s what will make them successful. It’s not determined by where they are studying. We will have benefit if we study. Education won’t make you become a fool and can make you have much more experience to handle a problem. That’s what the function of education is.
7. What do you see as your key achievements when studying in Taiwan?
The key achievements when studying in Taiwan is not much, as long as I become more intelligent and know about the new thing is has been much more enough.
8. What advice do you have for other interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study?
If you have an interest in study overseas, Taiwan can be chosen as the one of place that is good to fulfill your study. Because the environment, the professor, the facility and other things are good and can provide you to have a better education in here.