Perceptions of Students from Southbound Countries
Read about the perception of students from soutbound countries to share the insight of studying in Taiwan.
PRANJYAN DASH/ Chang Gung University
Nationality : India
Major : Chemical and Material Engineering
I am Pranjayn Dash from India. I have done my master degree Chemistry from India. Here now I am Pursing my Ph.D. My hobby is Listening song and read articles.I like Taiwan country.
∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴
1. What made you decide to study in Taiwan?
First of all, when we search for the place to go to study to we want a country with very good universities among other things. We want the best for ourselves. Taiwan has some of the best universities in the world. For example, this year nine Taiwanese universities have made it to the top 500 universities in the world in the QS World University Ranking and my very own university is in position 441-450. Taiwan does not only have good schools but also is a peaceful country with very friendly people to visitors from other countries. The Taiwanese society is egalitarian with the people being warm, making it very easy to fit in, therefore I always call Taiwan." my home away from home" Taiwan's unique blend of different traditions creates an atmosphere that is particularly tolerant of other religions and denominations.
2. Briefly tell us about the program you are studying. What subjects are you studying? What have you enjoyed the most in your studies?
Now I am studying Ph.D. program in Chemical and Material Engineering. Mainly in my studies, I am enjoying in my own research which is to find some new techniques and implement to particular applications.
3. How is studying in Taiwan when compared to studying and being a student in your home country? (Teaching Quality、Environment、School Equipment、Laboratory or others)
Studying Taiwan is good than my home country because for higher study student need a good laboratory, environment, good school, teaching quality along with new field of research area which is available in Taiwan.
4. What has been the most difficult part about applying to study in Taiwan? How did you overcome the difficulty?
Most difficult part to study in Taiwan is a language barrier. For overcoming this I am learning basic Chinese.
5. What do you plan to do after you have finish your studies in Taiwan? Would you like to stay in Taiwan? Why?
After finish my study in Taiwan I have plan to search job in Taiwan. Yes, I like to stay Taiwan because Taiwan people are good and everybody follows rules. So it is easy to spend comfortable life in Taiwan.
6. How do you think studying in Taiwan can benefit you in your future career?
In my point view after finish my study in Taiwan I will get a job in good place because during my study in Taiwan I am doing very unique research.
7. What do you see as your key achievements when studying in Taiwan?
When studying in Taiwan mainly my key achievements is to solve undeveloped research work in my research field.
8. What advice do you have for other interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study?
Yes, I will recommend to interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study because for higher study Taiwan is a good place, especially for research related work.