Perceptions of Students from Southbound Countries
Read about the perception of students from soutbound countries to share the insight of studying in Taiwan.
HTET MYET KHAING黃金珠/Chienkuo Tech. University
Nationality : Myanmar
Major : Int'l Business Administration
I am 24years old. I came from Myanmar. I am an intelligent, friendly, sociable, organized and hardworking student.
∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴ ∴
1. What made you decide to study in Taiwan?
Mainly, due to its quality of curriculum and overall academic rigor it has.
2. Briefly tell us about the program you are studying. What subjects are you studying? What have you enjoyed the most in your studies?
I am studying International Business Administration at Chienkuo Technology University since September 2016 and from the modules I have taken I like Marketing and Commercial Law most. Because it seems most applicable to me and I can relate the subject and the work I had before very well. I can foresee it will become very applicable to the plan I have in mind in the future as well.
3. How is studying in Taiwan when compared to studying and being a student in your home country? (Teaching Quality、Environment、School Equipment、Laboratory or others)
Studying in Taiwan has a drastic difference compared to studying in my home country especially when it comes to the quality of curriculum, quality of lecturers, learning environment and overall facilities. I can say that it is far superior to what I had before and it helped my learning experience to be more effective and I become more confident as well.
4. What has been the most difficult part about applying to study in Taiwan? How did you overcome the difficulty?
Applying for a student visa was the most challenging part for me and I had to communicate with the embassy a lot to expedite their request with their formalities to fulfill the application.
5. What do you plan to do after you have finish your studies in Taiwan? Would you like to stay in Taiwan? Why?
I plan to further study overseas and at the same time considering myself to work so that I can gain both work experience and integrate myself academically as well.
6. How do you think studying in Taiwan can benefit you in your future career?
As mentioned above, the quality of teaching from the university and the knowledge I have gained from it will certainly help me with my career in the future as most of the module I have taken can relate a lot to what I plan to do in the future.
7. What do you see as your key achievements when studying in Taiwan?
General knowledge, business decision-making skills, interpersonal skills are the key achievements from my studying.
8. What advice do you have for other interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study?
I would suggest other perspective students coming from overseas to make themselves familiar with visa requirements when applying for their student visa. At the same time, they are recommended to choose their university and the specialization so that it can effectively help with their career in the future. And also they are recommended to do some research on the culture of Taiwan especially when they are coming from countries with totally different culture in this way they can prepare themselves better and focus more on their studies when they arrive here. The most important thing is to “Open Your Mind”. That would be the best advice I can give.